Monday, December 28, 2009

Yay Christmas!

Our Christmas turned out to be wonderful.  After being in this fog of pregnancy exhaustion, stress, worry, and hormones for almost two months, I did not think I would ever find my Christmas spirit.  But, I did!  Our cards went out late - two days before Christmas - but I am going to pretend it was the incredible snow storm and not care because everyone loved the FOUR pictures (yes, apparently I am narcissistic about my children) in the cards!  We put the tree up two days before Christmas, and the husband and I stayed up late on Wednesday so I could wrap all the gifts while he sat by and watched.  Oh, and wrote the tags - I was "doing such a great job" wrapping, he did not want to get in my way!  Once the presents were under the tree and the house was all picked up, it looked so great I was sad it took me so long to find my Christmas spirit.  But, there is always next year!

For Christmas - technically Christmas Eve - my body gifted me with no more bleeding!  After bleeding consistently from December 1st, I was pretty relieved that my body stopped that action, and since the bleeding has continued to stay away, I can cancel the appointment for the D&C I never wanted!  We did Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with the in-laws.  I had a great time at both places, and for the first time since we got married 3 1/2 years ago, I did not miss my family and wish I were with them instead.  I missed them and wished I could have spent Christmas with my family and our traditions, but I was thoroughly engrossed in the celebration with my husband's family and did not want to be anywhere else.  That is awesome! 

We had a great Christmas!  I have so many things to be thankful for this year.  The last two months have been hard, but now that I am out of my fog, I can see how great the year was overall and be thankful for what I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment