Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

I love long weekends!  There is just nothing better than having an extra day!  I took Friday off to clean and prep for the party.  The cake turned out great - the princess dress was not quite what I planned, but did turn out nicely.  Our parents and siblings came for dinner, dessert, and presents, and everyone had a great time!


Saturday was fantastic.  On a whim, I decided to take the girls to the Library for the first time.  The toddler loved it - I mean, it was magical!  We got there about 5 minutes after the 2s Story Time started, so we went in and did that, which was great.  Then, we poked around and looked at books for about a half hour.  After picking out seven books to take home, we went to the 18 months Story Time.  The toddler was a little old and the baby was a little young, so I would not do that again, but they did enjoy the songs we sang (story time?  there was no reading!).  They each got a library card of their own (mostly for show - we will just use mine).  The toddler could not get over all the books everywhere - "mama, look at this!  mama, let's get this one!  mama, look!".  As we were walking out, she looked at me and said "Mama.  That was so nice.  It was so nice to play in the library" - melt my heart!!!  We are so totally going back every Saturday morning!

Saturday night we had a Christmas party at my sister's house.  The first one was canceled because of the blizzard.  This was the second "after Christmas get together" we had, and honestly, I liked it better this way!  My sister's party was great, and we were able to watch play-off games and have fun and eat, and everyone really enjoyed the party.  I like that it was not caught up in the bustle of the season! 

Sunday we watched more football, took naps and were generally lazy.  Which, of course, meant I had a total meltdown - in front of our friends who stayed over/came over for the games - about how lazy we are and how we never get anything done, blah, blah.  Well, Monday morning my husband did the morning routine while I cleaned the upstairs, then I had a play date while he put up the new baby gate and worked on refinishing the banisters.  In the afternoon, while dinner was cooking, he watched the girls and picked up toys while I continued the dusting and vacuuming.  When we finally settled in, I was able to fold about 5 loads of laundry while watching 24!  So, the day ended up being both fun and productive.  A great combination! 

All in all the weekend was excellent!  I love having lots of things to do and people to see.  I also love the opposite, which is why I am looking forward to this weekend - we are having friends over for the baby's birthday on Sunday.  Other than that, we are hanging out with the kids, and catching up on Law and Order: SVU!!! 

Hope you had great long weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment